Less than two miles from I-40, Statesville Regional Airport serves our immediate region and provides convenient flight access for many corporations. Because our air space is controlled from Atlanta, our clients save time by receiving landing patterns more quickly than regional airports controlled by Charlotte. Recent airport improvements include:
- Instrument Landing System (ILS) including a Localizer, DME, Glideslope, and MALSR approach lighting for Runway 28. This allows aircraft to land in weather with ceilings as low as 200 feet and visibility at ½-mile.
- GPS approach for Runways 10 and 28, plus a VOR/DME approach off the Barretts Mountain VOR (BZM) at Runway 10.
- Hangar space and tie-downs are available to the public.
- Construction of a new terminal with additional parking and ability to accommodate increased visitors and aircraft.
- There is a parallel taxiway along the entire length of the runway to the north and a new south parallel taxiway is planned. The addition of the south parallel taxiway will provide safe and convenient access to each end of the runway from anywhere on the airfield and increase the capacity for landings and takeoffs.
Click to view SVH Airport Market Analysis
Fixed Base Operator
Statesville Flying Service provides charter service and aircraft rental through Statesville Regional Airport, as well as maintenance, storage and a variety of ground services.
|FSS||Raleigh Flight Service Station [1-919-840-0171]|
|Beacon||White-green (lighted land airport)|
|Dimensions||7006 x 100 ft/2135 x 30 m|
|Surface||Asphalt, good condition|
|Weight Limitations||99,500 lbs dual gear|
|Runway Edge Lights||High-intensity|
|Visual Slope Indicator||2-light PAPI on left (3.00 degrees glide path)|
|Runway End Identifier Lights||R/W 10|
|Instrument Approaches||ILS, LOC/DME and GPS approaches to R/W 28. VOR/DME GPS approaches to R/W 10.|
Statesville, North Carolina is in an air quality “attainment” area.
Dual water sources for industrial customers.
Airport Contact Information
John M. Ferguson, Airport Manager
Statesville Regional Airport
PO Box 1111
Statesville, NC 28678-1111
Phone: 704-761-2370 (o)
Thomas Hazel, FBO President
Statesville Flying Service
238 Airport Rd.
Statesville, NC 28677-8622
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday, 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday, 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Service after-hours by prior arrangement and on-call basis.